A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Service Sucks Nowadays

"Yes. Hi. My name is Kathy Thomas. Yes, that's correct. .T...h...o...m...a..s," spelling carefully and slowly for the bimbo on the other end. "No, T...H," I forcefully replied, not surprised at her phonic confusion. "Yes, I have a problem, that's why I'm calling." (Duh!)"I need a service technician to come out and spray for fleas." Silence. Let's see now, bimbo probably ponders, she lives in Magalia, gots a problem with fleas, so her house must be just a crawlin' with 'em. "There not in the house," I quickly add, "just outside in the grass and where my three dogs sleep." Sure, she thinks, those fleas are probably bouncing on her Posterpedic right now. "Well, ma'am (man, I hate being called ma'am), I can send out Dave on your regularly scheduled visit next Tuesday, and he can spray for the fleas, but you'll have to do your part as well, you know," the bimbo explained. Do my part? Was there some sexual payment required for flea spraying in the contract's small print? I have shampooed, scrubbed, sprayed, brushed, done everything imaginable...The next step was the pest control. That's why I called. Because I had a problem. Because that's why I pay an exorbitant fee. Because that's what they advertise. Because I am the damn client, and they are the service provider. Needless to say, Dave never even showed up on Tuesday. Today is Thursday, and we still have fleas. Service sucks nowadays.

No comments: