A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Monday, July 12, 2004

New Fangled Madness

What ever happened to walking into store to make a purchase and walking out with the item ALREADY PUT TOGETHER. Today I bought a desk for my son. Nothing fancy. A desk with room to do some dang homework without pushing away computer mice and keyboards. It came in a box, weighed about 100lbs (I can tell because it was at least the weight of two bags of Kibble 'n Bits), and the instructions were not in written form. No writing. Just pictures. Weird-looking pictures. It took both of my sons and myself a good five minutes to translate one of the illustrations. In fact, we were searching for a part, that actually was non-existent, and I was cursing up a storm internally as I was certain that this pile of @$%* from Denmark was missing an integral part. Turns out that the illustration was a "close up" of the small bag of glue that was included. Needless to say, I tossed the friggin' baggy of glue and pulled out my trusty bottle of Gorilla Glue. Baggies of glue? Pleeeeeeezzzzzz.....

No comments: