A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I hate milk-toast politics

Someone asked me whom I was going to vote for. Rather than giving my political stance away (although it's a big DUH for anyone that half knows me), I asked him back,"Well, who are YOU going to vote for? Kerry?" It was a rhetorical question. This person is a union man to the bone. But the answer to the follow-up question, a simple one, is one that brings much frustration to my simple, yet happy, life. "Why?" I ask. "Why do you think Kerry will make a decent president?" is a question that I ask every Kerry supporter. I have yet to receive a response that is backed by political fact, stance, or platform. I'm tired of hearing, "Because I just can't stand Bush!" Well, I didn't know that you were having him over for dinner for God's sake. Last night, on the Daily Show, Ralph Nader suggested that Americans should follow politics like they do their favorite sports team. What a concept...and hey, even me, a Bush/Cheney supporter, can compliment Nader for an intelligent comment. Please, Kerry supporters, study your stats and your players, and be a true part of the playing field.

No comments: