A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Monday, August 09, 2004

Eff U

As the only female in a house of testosterone, I feel a need to wear pink as often as possible. In fact, today, I wore pink. My husband even noticed, "I like that sweater," he muttered between swigs of afterwork Pale Ales. Hmmm...a sweater in August? It really was a top, but nonetheless, I think it must of been the pink that did the man in. But I think that the testosterone impacts my reactions at times. For instance, I'm noticing that I am becoming all too comfortable with verbal reactions that would be more suited of a man. Example? A couple of days ago I was traveling down to Paradise, on my way to church, and crossing the Paradise Lake bridge. I wasn't wearing pink. A car up ahead in the oncoming traffic decided to pass while crossing the bridge...not bright...just downright dangerous. Luckily he was far from me, but his lack of concern for other drivers just...just..well, pissed me off. As he passed me I stuck my hand out of the sunroof, flipped him off, rolled down my window and screamed "Dickhead". I couldn't believe myself. I'm usually so calm in the car. (I just learned how to honk my horn.) And, it was Sunday right before church service. Since I felt like quite the sinner, my oldest son put it all into perspective for me by saying, "Don't worry mom. He deserved it. Actually, probably worse." My youngest son, however, worries me...he is still bewildered how I could throw my fingers into the perfect flip-off so quickly. I think he's practicing. So, I wonder, do they make an testosterone shield for mothers? Because if this keeps up, I better buy a lot more pink.

No comments: