A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Yup. I'm Republican. Gotta Problem Widit?

I've come to the conclusion that many Kerry lovers lack respect for opposite ideas. I'm from a parents who expected me to have my own opinions, my own convictions, my own beliefs, but to keep them to myself unless I was asked to share them. For instance, at my workplace, I am verbally abused, attacked, and ridiculed. My democrat co-workers claim that their banter is "all in good fun" and "no harm intended." They should notice that I don't throw Kerry faux-pas in their democratic faces. I come to work, to work. I want my coffee and Raspberry-chocolate creamer in peace. And so what? Yes, I'm a God fearing woman, one that believes in the flag, in the Pledge of Allegiance, a woman whose hairs stand on end when listening to the Star Spangled Banner at her son's football game, one who allows her man to sleep with a gun nearby to protect her family, a mother who believes in the rights of an unborn child, and a woman who believes that hard work merits a paycheck more than being supported by the state. Yup. I'm Republican. Gotta problem widit?

No comments: