A Colorful Mind

A Colorful Mind
So much to say and read and do but so little time...

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Stop the World...I got to Pee!

Wow. How busy can a life be? I always hear the expression: Stop and smell the roses. Well, my roses aren't blooming, aphids have attacked, the leaves are curling, and I'm sure that one of my favorites has developed a terminal mildew. I suppose, if I was a pessimist, I could use this as a metaphor for the negativity in life, but I'm not, so I won't. Yes, it's true, my roses aren't blooming, but there are a few with buds which promises some color in days ahead. Those damn crawling pests have indeed taken over, but not for long, as the visiting bees have found a feast. I admit that I allowed the leaves to curl, but a good Sunday soak should solve this dilemma. Last, but not least, the mildew: sometimes I just have to let go and let nature take it's course. So, although I have been busy in a never ending spin this week, unable to stop to even pee, my bloomless roses have indeed taught me to stop and appreciate the promises of my days ahead...Even if I can't smell 'em today, I will tomorrow!

No comments: